Steven Rattendi, Department Head
The Mathematics Departmemnt offers a wide range of courses in mathematics along with courses in computer programming. In all of our courses we strive to develop a student's ability to:
- Communicate mathematics with others using appropriate mathematical notation and terminology
- Recognize and use patterns to make conjectures and generalizations
- Use the tools of mathematics to build models for exploring relationships (both applied and theoretical)
- Learn to use mathematics to help make informed decisions and to solve problems in a variety of contexts and disciplines, in future careers and in daily life.
- Use logical reasoning to justify solutions to problems and to prove conjectures mathematically
Courses are offered at the Honors, Curriculum I Advanced, Curriculum I, and Curriculum II levels. All courses are designed to prepare students for college. Please see the program of studies for more information about individual offerings.